VOGONS

First post, by QuestforGaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok again i have a pentium 4 2.4 ghz with an 80 GB hard disk drive a sound blaster audigy 2 and 512 mb ddr with a radeon 9000 video card. ok i have successfully installed sq5 and it works like a charm. (thank you dosbox) ok now when i attempted to install sq3 and sq4 after i saved settings to begin installation it says error saving configuration. If anyone knows a way past this error please help.

Reply 2 of 6, by Dark Knight ez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

haven't got SQ5 myself, so i'm just going to suggest some basic stuff:
- maybe it needs a c-drive to save it to... did you mount a c-drive?
- or perhaps it wants to overwrite a file, which is Read-Only. changing all the files to not be Read-Only might do the trick if that's the case.

... // bda. very bda!
... // but only if you turn godo into csah.

Reply 3 of 6, by QuestforGaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes i have mounted a c: drive. and when i tried to change the files to read only an error occurs and it wont change it. but when i am in the sierra installation program i accept choices and begin installation it brings up a big red box with error withsaving configuration file. I tried a different approach to my other game quest for glory 4 and it says missing "videoPrompt" and says something is missing like install.txt or intall.hlp is there a way to add these to the file? I feel like a newb posting all these questions but I ahaven't run dos in about 10 years 🤣.

Reply 4 of 6, by QuestforGaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes i have mounted a c: drive. and when i tried to change the files to read only an error occurs and it wont change it. but when i am in the sierra installation program i accept choices and begin installation it brings up a big red box with error withsaving configuration file. I tried a different approach to my other game quest for glory 4 and it says missing "videoPrompt" and says something is missing like install.txt or intall.hlp is there a way to add these to the file? I feel like a newb posting all these questions but I ahaven't run dos in about 10 years 🤣.

Reply 6 of 6, by Dark Knight ez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

you tried to get Read-Only files on a cd-rom to not be Read-Only anymore.
nice try... but indeed, that can't be done. you can't change files on a cdrom.

by not mouting d as cd-rom (like you did before), the install probably thought you copied all the files to your harddisk and therefor it tried to put the by the install created file in the same directory. (meaning it tried to save on the cdrom).

... // bda. very bda!
... // but only if you turn godo into csah.