VOGONS

First post, by LordJames

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Meka (Sega Master System emulator) isn't liking my new soundcard and computer. (Some OPL vs DirectSound thing for FM synthesis) So anyways I was going to try something crazy. (Run an emulator inside of an emulator for the soundcard emulation) Unfortunately, I get this message in .61: "Load error: no DPMI - Get csdpmi*b.zip" Should this theoretically work in the future?

-Jim

Reply 2 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

If I remember correctly, the DOS Protected Mode Interface (DPMI) was removed in 0.61. You could try downloading 0.60 which has DPMI as an option in the configuration file.

Wrt. CSDPMI*.B.ZIP - that is a GPL'ed implemation of DPMI by Charles W Sandmann (hence the CS in the name).

I installed in on my real MS-DOS box in order to run VIM (a vi clone, my favourite editor). If you go to vim.org I am sure you can find it among the VIM-for-DOS downloads.

So, most likely your Meka emulator wants DPMI. Get CSDPMI, read the instructions, and tell us if it works!
--
MiniMax

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 5, by LordJames

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does not work in .60 but loading dpmi in .61 amazingly works. I'm at work right now, so my machine isn't that great, but I'll try this out on my home machine at 25,000 cycles and see if it is bearable speed wise. This is a DOS app that is still being updated to this day, so I am floored that DOSBox can handle it.

-Jim

Reply 4 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Windows version of MEKA doesn't like your soundcard?

Update to the Windows version PLEASE for the love of MIKE

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 5 of 5, by LordJames

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

New Machine

Dell XPS
WinXP 3Ghz 2gigs of RAM
SBAudigy 2 platinum

The sound stutters badly. Why doesn't my windows version work correctly? I am working with the MEKA programmers to try to solve this issue.

-Jim