VOGONS

First post, by voivod

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a copy of HOM&M2 in MDF/MDS format. From my understanding this specific format is a full image with support of red book audio (like BIN/CUE). After mounting this image in Windows with Daemon Tools and using DOSBox game installs and run fine but I have no music (no audio CD tracks). I use [mount x d:\ -t cdrom] to emulate cd drive in DOSBox.
I tried converting MDF/MDS into BIN/CUE format and mounting the image directly in DOSBox. This time audio tracks are working in the game, but I"m missing one or two battle tracks. (Not sure which ones, when battle starts I sometimes get music, sometimes not, so I'm guessing something is off with these specific tracks - everything else is working fine, theme and town tunes). This is really strange.

Is DOSBox not capable to support audio cd when mounting MDF/MDS image in Windows? I'd like to test that option to make sure if my image is corrupted or something. I lost my physical copy at some point and only have that MDF/MDS image I made several years ago.

Thanks,