VOGONS

First post, by otacon237

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello everyone, I posted this question on the dxtory forums as well but I figure this might be a better place to go.

I am trying to make an LP of Terminator: Future Shock and Skynet but dxtory simply will not record. I changed the dosbox settings to opengl and that helped a bit, in that Dxtory detects doxbox and I see the FPS counter during the brief few moments when the game is booting up at the command line but when the game actually starts, the counter goes away and trying to record does not work. I have tried doing the same with FRAPS and get the same result.

I have seen people LP-ing this game before so I know it's possible, however I am clearly missing something.

Would appreciate any support greatly, thanks guys!

Reply 1 of 7, by Tertz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DOSBox has internal video recorder.
"CTRL-ALT-F5 Start/Stop creating a movie of the screen. (avi video capturing)"
and zmbv lossless codec with the package, wich youtube should to accept

DOSBox CPU Benchmark
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 2 of 7, by otacon237

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tertz wrote:

DOSBox has internal video recorder.
"CTRL-ALT-F5 Start/Stop creating a movie of the screen. (avi video capturing)"
and zmbv lossless codec with the package, wich youtube should to accept

I tried that but it does not record the background music, also I was hoping to do a live commentary via dxtory's multiple audio input streams.

I think it's possible to use dxtory since it does record for a brief moment when the game is booting up, but then stops....theoretically dxtory should work in opengl mode, not sure why I am having this issue.

Reply 3 of 7, by otacon237

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I have tried loading the game in d3d using gulikoza's build, it appears to work and the frames appear during the game, however it crashes immediately on startup and gives me an dos 4gw fatal error '0Dh - general protection fault', if I can resolve this I think the recording should work...anyone have any ideas?

thanks again

Reply 4 of 7, by Tertz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
otacon237 wrote:

I tried that but it does not record the background music

It should record all sound inside the emulator. To record all sound in OS you may use "Total Recorder" or similar.

DOSBox CPU Benchmark
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 7 of 7, by otacon237

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

good news! I got it to work in direct3d with gulikoza's build! it took a bit of work to get the game running properly and I had to patch it manually and configure the GUS settings but it works now. figured I would post in case this helps someone. thanks!