VOGONS

First post, by Hotte76

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

i´m using a Raspberry Pi 2 as "Retropie" Gaming Machine, which works pretty well with games from mid80s to mid90s. 😀
But there is a problem with Dosbox and the Game Gunship 2000, which i installed from my old CD-ROM Version.
The game runs fine, but i´ve got problems with my keyboard....somehow....

The game needs specific keys, but the following can´t be used:

"[" and "]" which controlles the game speed in Gunship 2000 (you can accelerate the time from 1x to 16x and back)
"=" and "-" which controlles the hight of the helicopter, so "up" and "down" if you like.

The last one could be bypassed by using mit Joypad (which is better for steering anyway)
The "[" and "]" are on the german keyboard keys, which must be used with "Shift +8 or 9", so no seperate keys.
I tried to set the Dosbox keyboard in the conf file to "us" but i can´t get those keys for "accelerating time" working.
I also tried the keymapper, with no luck. I tried to map the keys to joystick buttons or other keys...nothing....

Has anyone any idea where my error is? 😀

Last edited by Hotte76 on 2016-03-07, 22:24. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 3, by Hotte76

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried that already. It is set to false....

I enclosed my conf file for further checking....
It is a special conf file for my GS 2000 Version, it mounts the CD-Iso File I made from my original disc...

Attachments

• Filename
    GS2000.conf
    File size
    11.18 KiB
    Downloads
    69 downloads
    File comment
    Dosbox Conf
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 3, by Hotte76

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, i found the solution.
I need to set the keyboard layout in the OS (via a tool called raspi-config) to "us" and do the same in dosbox conf "keyboardlayout=us".
"Keyboardlayout=auto" doesn't work with the raspberry pi.
The strange thing was, the keys above worked fine througout the system, only in Dosbox the didn't work.

So, i have to live with the us layout then 😉