VOGONS

First post, by Andir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I managed to get Daggerfall running under DosBox 6.1.
--note---
I have not played it much, so I don't know if the common bugs are there, but I got it running smooth.
--end note--

I ran the setup and it detected the Gravis card...I changed it to SB Pro, but I don't think it matters. I am running the no-cd patched version.

PC:
AMD 2100+ XP
Gigabyte 5950U Geforce4
1024MB RAM

DOSBox Conf:
----------------------------------------
[sdl]
fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullfixed=true
fullwidth=800
fullheight=600
output=surface
[dosbox]
machine=auto
memsize=64
[cpu]
core=normal
cycles=16000

[autoexec]
mount g G:\
g:
cd dagger
mouse
fall z.cfg
----------------------------------------
I'm running it off a FAT32 Partition G:
I originally had issues with the mouse moving in game. I downloaded a generic DOS mouse driver, which gives me an error stating the mouse driver is already loaded, but without it, I can't move the mouse.

It runs in window mode as well. This may be a limitation of DOSBox, but I couldn't get it to run OpenGL in fullscreen. Also, I run it in 800x600 cause Daggerfall looks real old on a 21" monitor 😜

edit: Changed Cycles/double buffering

------------------------
Uh, yeah

Reply 1 of 1, by UltimaAvatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, Running
WinXP Pro
512MB Ram
2.53Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420
Creative SB Live! Series (WDM)

I got the sound card to work perfectly (or at least very nicely on my comp)
settings
[cpu]
cycles=16000

[mixer]
blocksize=1152

in daggerfall setup i have
digital
soundblaster pro
port 220
dma 1
irq 7

midi
mpu-401
port 330

it almost works perfect, only one small prob and that is when i turn the room kinda has a funky way of turning. disabling head bobbing helps but doesn't solve completely. seems to run a little faster than it did on my 200mhz so i may have to turn down the reflex. the speed seems much faster than it used too. hey about your mouse problem, on mine when it gets to the first screen with the mouse it doesn't work if the program was previously fullscreen or windowed, but if you window then go back to full screen on that screen it seems to work fine.