VOGONS

First post, by wapdoggie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm a noob so please forgive any ignorance and/or stupidity shown. I have an old game from the mid-90's called Et's Rugby League. It's an Australian game which came on a 3 & 1/4" floppy disk. I managed to track down a copy of the game online in a zip file quite a few years ago and was able to play it at the time. I've just found the cd which it was saved on and I thought I'd try playing it again. The only problem now is, when I load the game through DosBox, it asks me to insert the games original floppy disk before continuing and I don't know how to get past this. On the old pc, I was able to insert any floppy disk, and the game would work, but now that I'm on a PC without a floppy disk drive, I don't know what to do. I've tried mounting both my second hdd and cd rom drive as a:\ but neither worked. Can anyone help? I've attached a pic of the error screen. Not sure this info is necessary but just in case, my laptop's an i7, 1TB hdd, 8gb ram, 2gb graphics running Win10.

Thanks!

http://imgur.com/Dz5UQVy

Last edited by wapdoggie on 2016-07-17, 11:13. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 6, by coolhaken

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This game seems use similar keydisk copy protection method as Rampage, I guess.
You can try to use WinImage to make a blank 360K diskimage, e.g. disk.img. Then copy all files of this game into it.
Run this game like following :

imgmount a disk.img -t floppy
a:

Then run the main executable file.
Good luck !

Reply 6 of 6, by wapdoggie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
coolhaken wrote:
This game seems use similar keydisk copy protection method as Rampage, I guess. You can try to use WinImage to make a blank 360K […]
Show full quote

This game seems use similar keydisk copy protection method as Rampage, I guess.
You can try to use WinImage to make a blank 360K diskimage, e.g. disk.img. Then copy all files of this game into it.
Run this game like following :

imgmount a disk.img -t floppy
a:

Then run the main executable file.
Good luck !

This worked like a charm! Thanks so much