VOGONS

First post, by DaveALinux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Running Gentoo Linux. I try running Darkseed and I see the opening scene (guy getting his forhead split open), but then the screen turns to a series of lines and it freezes (I can kill the dosbox).

I tried windowed and full screen - no difference. I tried .58 (games listed states it has been tested on that version) and .61 - same thing. I also tried running the .EXE directly, instead of calling the .BAT (people on the forum mentioned that running the .EXE directly skips the intro and allows the game to run) - still no luck for me. My version of Darkseed has no Darkseed.exe, so I tried each of the .EXE files. None worked. One did go directly to the lines, so I assume that was the one that skipped the intro.

Anyway, any thoughts?

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 1, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You don't have a "Darkseed.exe"? That is weird. Even with the Darkseed.exe, I have had some bugs and problems with the graphics, but I am actually running it in windows. Strange. I would like to get it working better, but it seems that there are different versions floating around. Where did you get your version from?