VOGONS

First post, by TranceAddict

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've seen a ton of postings with people saying they've been able to get this game to work with full sound using either DOSBox (v0.61) or VDMS. I've tried both, and so far I can only seem to get minimal sound. I get everything except for actual sound effects, such as the transporter sound, the sound when doors open, when you click buttons when a command menu pops up.. they all do not sound like I remember them. From what I can tell, I'm only getting partial sound emulation. I've tried adjusting just about every setting I can find, and the result never changes-- the only thing I've noticed is that when I disable AdLib support, I get no sound at all. Does anyone know how to get this game working under XP with DOSBox with full sound AND sound effects? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System Details:

Motherboard: Asus A7N8X Dlx
Processor Type/Speed: Athlon XP 3200+
Video: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro/128
RAM: 1GB
Sound: On-board Nvidia nForce
Game: Star Trek 25th Anniversary (downloadable here: http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1051)

Reply 1 of 1, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Adlib sound effects will sound different that Sound Blaster effects. You will need to reinstall the game through DOSBOX to get the sound card working correctly, although I don't know for sure that the Sound Blaster will work.