VOGONS

First post, by p1s

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have problems with Transport Tycoon in Dosbox 0.61... i cant get it working.... is there anyone else who have got it working ?

Reply 2 of 14, by p1s

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When i type tycoon which is the start command.... the game is loading but it just turns black and nothing is happening before the screen which says "MICROPROSE presents" would come up. it is the same problem in both Transport Tycoon and Transport Tycoon Deluxe i dont have any problems in other games. thx for all help

Reply 4 of 14, by p1s

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thank you very much.... it is now working =))) you are the best man =P

but there is a new problem. i cant get a god flow in the game. the sound is easy to get good but then the graphics lags. And if i change fps and stuff with ctrl+f12 to make better flow in the graphics the sound lags. and it is also har to get flow in the graphics even with changes is there any more magic settings ? . thx for all help

Reply 5 of 14, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well depends on how much cpu power you got to spend.
try fiddling with samplerates and buffers.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 7 of 14, by PPaladin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OR you can just get the latest fan-patch which runs fine on XP and has even more functions (and bug-fixes).

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link here, just search on google for TDX patch or something like that. you'll need the Windows ver of TD deluxe, but it's abandonware now, so you can easely find it on the internet.

Reply 8 of 14, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can't see any reason not to link to the patch, there's nothing illegal about it. It's at http://www.ttdpatch.net/ FWIW.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 10 of 14, by Killer 11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's not working for me either i have tried to set cpu core to dynamic to full and normal but that doesn't work the game either hangs up before even starting or quits with sdl lock failed error 🙁
I have 2000mhz celeron 128mb ram 40gb hdd 32mb video card and 4 chanell sound card.i have tried to set the cpu cycles 7000 or more but it just keeps doing that thing 😠

I have come from:
WWW.TT-FORUMS.NET
The greatest place to talk about Transport Tycoon.

Reply 12 of 14, by Tidus4Yuna

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the same problem, however mine seems to be one step behind. When I have used DOSBox without any modifications, the game Transport Tycoon did not load at all. When I changed the CORE=FULL it gave me the Microprose Presents screen and then that's it. I really want to get this game up and running 😢