VOGONS

First post, by Timreid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm playing QFG3 from the Anthology. When my character gives the drum of magic to the leopardmen Shaman the Shaman goes into an arm waiving loop and I can't continue the game. I read on a fan site that there was a patch to fix that but it was for the floppy version. I tried the patch anyway and it didn't fix it. It happens every time.

I'm using DOSbox .58. The readme referred me to the forum. I think the problem is a game bug and I'm hoping someone here will have a suggestion either with DOSbox or a patch. Here are the specs:

Motherboard: P4VMM2 with integrated sound and video (8M VRAM)
Processor: Intel P4 @ 2GHz
RAM: 512M SDRAM

Timreid

Reply 1 of 1, by Timreid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, went back to the game and played around a little bit. I realized I wasn't getting digital sound so I applied the SB patch (something I'd apparently forgotten to do). I tried putting the general patch in but Win XP sees most of it as screen saver files. Just for giggles decided to run the game without DOSbox. Guess what?! It works great without DOSbox!

One problem I had in DOSbox that I couldn't fix was digital sound. Anyway, running the game straight with sound settings on music - Roland, and voice - Soundblaster the game works great so far. Will continue playing without DOSbox and update with further developments.

Timreid