My comp:
Motherboard: QDI Kinetiz 7E With chipset Via Kt-133
Processor type and speed: AMD Athlon Xp 2400+
Amount and type of RAM 640Mb Sdram
Video board: GeForce 4 Mx440 64Mb DDR
Sound board: SoundBlaster Live!
Operating system: Windows Xp Provessional

Game name: Gametek SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO
Description of problem: The game works fine until the first match starts, then it seems to go a 1 frame every 30-40 seconds. Sometimes the game hangs completely.

Reproducibility of problem: always
Sound mode used: soundblaster mode (A220 I7 D1)
Video mode: only one mode possible
Version of emulator: Dosbox 0.61
Steps already attempted to solve the problem: I have used core normal, full, or Dynamic with no results. I have tried to change the cpu cycles with no results.

Thanks goes to all the cool dudez who wants to help me!! 😀 😀 😀

Jekko 😉

Reply 1 of 2, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

How powerfull computer did the game required in reality? If it was something higher then 80486, then you may have just too slow computer to emulate it properly...

Mirek

Reply 2 of 2, by Alexsource

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If i recall correctly, there wasn't 586s or pentiums when that game was released...
I'll give it a spin over here, then tell you what happened 😉
[edit]
Well, it seems to hate dynamic core, so i used normal instead, and i had to set cycles at 10000, ot it would take too long to load things. But i've won three fights and losed the fourth, and it didn't hanged up for me yet...
Oh! and i desactivated adlib, and yes, it's sloooow, but well (used dosbox 0.61 and an old version of dfend).[/edit]
[edit2]I gave it a shot using one of the experimental cvs direct3d biulds form gulizoka, and it works a lot better there. 😁 (dosboxcvs-040806-i686.zip, you may find it here)[/edit2]

chronos.jpg motoakira.jpg