VOGONS

First post, by eyemon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed DOSBox on a PS Vita via Retroarch. I am trying to run NHL 94 and the opening screen calibrates Joystick 1 properly. However, it then asks for callibration of Joystick 2 (there is no joystick 2) or this request can be ignored if any key is hit. This works fine on my PC as I just hit any key on a keyboard. However, on the PS Vita there is no other alternate key to hit and I am stalled and cannot get into the game.
I altered the dosbox.conf file on my PC to "Joystick=2axis" and it ceased looking for a second joystick.
I cannot figure out what intructions to put in a bat file to change this on the PS Vita or making a change to Retroarch on the VIta to stop looking for a second joystick.
Can anyone suggest a fix via the config file, bat file, or Retroarch settings?
Many thanks!

Reply 1 of 1, by eyemon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok- found a workaround. I installed a small bluetooth keyboard and hit a key there to move forward. Now the issue is the slow speed of the game. I can up the CPU cycles on my PC via the dosbox.conf file or the shift F-11 or F-12, but the is there a way to do this on the Vita version? (no F11 or F12 on this little keyboard- I may have to buy one with these keys)