VOGONS

X-Men Children of the Atom

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Every time I run X Men from URL REMOVED, DO NOT POST LINKS TO ABANDONWARE using Dosbox 0.61 I get the message "Cannot find the X-Men Cd in the CDROM drive" .
I already tried burning the extracted files on a CD Image and mounting it with Deamon Tools but that didn't help.

Reply 6 of 13, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I recently tried the game again and got it to run fairly well and with sound.
( I'll attach a profile for D-Fend/Dosbox 63 in case anybody wants to play the game but has problems with it.)
However there's still something wrong with the display . All the colors seem to be inverted . Does anybody know what's causing this (perhaps the modified VESA driver ?) and how this can be fixed ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

xmenpc0049qd.th.png xmenpc0084bb.th.png
xmenpc0055tf.th.pngxmenpc0104wq.th.png
xmenpc0061ok.th.pngxmenpc0097qh.th.png
xmenpc0074dg.th.png

Edit: I also have another problem. I downloaded Dos32a.exe , copied it into the game folder only and renamed it to Dos4gw.exe . Since then every time I want to delete or rename either Dos32a.exe or any Dos4gw file in any folder on my harddrives I get a message that the file is in use.

Attachments

• Filename
    Xmen.zip
    File size
    863 Bytes
    Downloads
    678 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 11 of 13, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vyr wrote:

teleguy, could you or someone else explain in more detail how you got past the CD problem? I've extracted all files to C:\XMEN and tried to run the game in DOSBox 0.70 but got the same error as in your first post.

Here's an updated Profile (created with D-Fend v2 beta) that should work with Dosbox 0.70 and hopefully fix your problem. I also noticed the modified Vesa driver isn't needed anymore.

Attachments

• Filename
    XMEN.zip
    File size
    747 Bytes
    Downloads
    645 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 12 of 13, by lucio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I resolved this problem and run the game only mounting the CD drive (without any CD inside) with this command:

mount d D:\ -t cdrom

There's several commands to mount the CD drive. See also in DosBox:

intro cdrom

After this, I run the game with:

xmen.bat

Thanks.