VOGONS

First post, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I guess the version of Lemmings I have is supposed to detect adlib sound, but I get nothing nada. The only other game I have noticed this issue in is Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. Stange thing about Carmen is that it seems to see the Sound Blaster, it plays DAC sound just fine, but no music. Now it could be my copies are missing something. Anyone else notice this with either of these games.

I know Adlib works fine, I have plenty of other games that see it just fine in the same config. All of the memory and sound settings are at the defaults.

Reply 2 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

or set it even lower.
some games need a low cycle in order to detect the adlib.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 4, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Setting to less than 3000 worked for Lemmings. Thanks. Qbix, that brings me back to my old wish of getting a command line cycles toggle. With Lemmings I can just create a batch file that presets the best cycles and change my quickmenu icon to use that batch file. I can just ctrl+F11 it for now, but I'd love the toggle. 😁

The slowdown did not work for Carmen. Still no adlib there. But that may be a config issue. Odd that the sound blaster DAC works but no FM synth for just that game. Hmmm, I'll keep playing with it.