VOGONS

First post, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you run install.exe from DOSBox you get the following error message after selecting continue.

2021-04-21 21_16_59-DOSBox 0.74-3, Cpu speed_     3000 cycles, Frameskip  0, Program_  INSTALL.jpg
Filename
2021-04-21 21_16_59-DOSBox 0.74-3, Cpu speed_ 3000 cycles, Frameskip 0, Program_ INSTALL.jpg
File size
46.85 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Is there anything that can be done about that?

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 2 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dnewhous wrote on 2021-04-22, 02:23:

Is there anything that can be done about that?

People keep replying to your posts, and you never give any indication that you are learning anything from what people are trying to tell you.

Reply 3 of 5, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote on 2021-04-22, 18:09:

People keep replying to your posts, and you never give any indication that you are learning anything from what people are trying to tell you.

I have learned from this forum. Now I've run into bugs that I hope can be resolved in a future version. The version of Dungeon Hack that comes with Forgotten Realms Collection 3 would require D-70.sf2.

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 4 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dnewhous wrote on 2021-04-26, 20:10:

I have learned from this forum. Now I've run into bugs that I hope can be resolved in a future version.

If you've learned anything it should be:

1. Your problems are far more likely to be due to errors on your part than due to bugs in DOSBox.
  2. No one is going to be able to fix any "bugs" unless you DESCRIBE IN DETAIL EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING so that someone else can reproduce the "bugs".

Reply 5 of 5, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Believe it or not, DOSBox has come a long way. Now that they've added fluidsynth to DOSBox -X there's something else that can go wrong. The sound effects in Lord of the Rings were flubbed somehow, they've been fixed.

I got Eye of the Beholder to work with the Silver Collection. It's start.bat to start.

Daniel L Newhouse