VOGONS

First post, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This game is giving me a serious headache.

I used to had the old warez version that had no movies included and it worked fine in DOSBOX (very fluent even in VESA). I refused to play it however, because the movies were missing and so I bought a copy from ebay.

So I thought this would work without a problem. Except. I install the game, set sound card and everything, and then try to run it - it crashes on the Loading Data line.

f2b.jpg

So I started replacing the files of the warez version with the original installation, to see if I could fix it that way. But no matter what I try, either the game crashes, or I have no movies. Now, the movies are too important for me so I'm not going to play it without them.

I also tried installing the game without a soundcard (all three installation types, from minimum to maximum) - which oddly helps. That is, it doesn't crash on the loading data line, but it doesn't play the movies either. There's also an option in the game called "Play movie clip" which refuses to work too 🙁

So does anyone have any idea what to do.

Oh, one last remark: the DOS32A version of DOS4GW makes DOSBOX crash with the real version of F2B but DOS32A works fine with the warez version ? Yet both seem to be the same version 😖

Reply 1 of 2, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just tried it myself. I have the original CD and have the same problem. I made a bin/cue out of the CD but the movies don't play.

I guess that all we can do is to wait for the next version of DOSBox and hope that the movies will run with that one.