VOGONS

First post, by cabe72000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi to all,

The newest post I found here was from 2011, but It had the exact same problem Im having.

It freezes about 5 minutes of playing, but only in one of the last levels (4 before finishing)

In other words, I played for hours straight (2) the initial levels and no problem, got to this level, and freezes about 5 minutes from starting.

I tried everything, changed VGA settings, taking out audio (setting no audio in the game / no sound blaster) , i changed of hard disk where i have the folder, I copied the save folder to not loose the progress and reinstalled the game.

Nothing seems to work. Any ideas? If the save game is required I can uploaded, but I don't think is an issue from savegame?

The last post (see page 2) is this, from 2011.
Theme Hospital problems

Reply 2 of 4, by cabe72000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
xcomcmdr wrote on 2021-10-29, 06:57:

Use CorsixTH to play Theme Hospital.

Wow! what is this??? it just detected the game I have instaled with dos box (although Im not able to run my save games)

How do I configure this thing?

Reply 4 of 4, by jmarsh

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Admittedly I haven't looked at it in a few years, but it's not a clone; all the AI and such were written using guesswork rather than reverse-engineering so there were a lot of noticeable gameplay differences.