VOGONS

First post, by mimo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there.

I have issues running Theme Hospital in dosbox-x (also "old" dosbox)

after config and install, I was getting a CD missing. I fixed that by copying the HOSP dir into the install dir and edited the hospital.cfg file to reflect that.

now I can start a game and all seams to work fine, after quiting I can even resume a save game, sound and sfx are good, so technicaly all is well...

BUT...

mybee it's me getting older and slower, but the ingame time seams to just fly away, after 2 min in game and its already february...

I remember playing it a lot in win 98 days, I hope someone will have an Idea about getting it to a more playable stage so I can re-enjoy this old piece of bullfrog gold.

P.S. the source of the game was an iso, made of the original cd, that I still have stored somewhare

Reply 1 of 3, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the game setup in DBGL and it works just fine with DOSBox-X without copying any files.

Here is my autoexec config section. Nothing special about it.

[autoexec]
mount C "Theme_Hospital"
imgmount D "Theme_Hospital/CD/Theme_Hospital_1997.cue" -t iso
C:
cd \HOSPITAL
HOSPITAL.EXE
exit

As to time progression, it seems to change day roughly every 2 seconds. So a minute a month seems about right. I don't know if that time progression is normal though.

Reply 2 of 3, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
_Rob wrote on 2022-08-07, 16:47:

As to time progression, it seems to change day roughly every 2 seconds. So a minute a month seems about right. I don't know if that time progression is normal though.

I checked the Playstation 1 version and its the same there. 👍

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 3 of 3, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mimo wrote on 2022-08-03, 08:57:

mybee it's me getting older and slower, but the ingame time seams to just fly away, after 2 min in game and its already february...
I remember playing it a lot in win 98 days, I hope someone will have an Idea about getting it to a more playable stage so I can re-enjoy this old piece of bullfrog gold.

This game speed option is in both the DOS and the Windows version. So how about setting that to slowest/slow, at least during the construction of facilities?

Attachments

• hospital-winmain.png
    Filename
    hospital-winmain.png
    File size
    25.9 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul