VOGONS

First post, by RyanRX7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been having an issue with the MIDI music either crashing or hanging frequently while playing Superhero League of Hoboken, and I was wondering if someone could point me in the correct direction to narrow down the cause? I've tried fixed and dynamic CPUs, varying clock speeds, MIDI sample rates , and both the MT32 and CM32L ROM sets.

Many times it'll stick on a certain note continuously until I toggle the music off then back on again. Occasionally it 'll just die out in the middle of a track and toggling it brings it back here also. I do have some sound crackling on the sound effects/voices as well, and I've tried all different clock speeds from 2000-25000 with varying degrees of success. Never anything that eliminated it entirely though.

How sensitive are clock speeds? Does the difference of 100-200 make or break it, or is it usually not such a narrow margin? Sound is the only real way I know to gauge by.

Any advice would be great.

I'm currently using a modified MUS file to fix the Fight 1 Fight 2 and Fight 3 MIDI issue, but I've had the same results with the stock MUS file as well.

Any advice would be welcome.