VOGONS

First post, by unbirthday

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

UPDATE: Well I discovered the map I'm stuck on is 175 (code: ALPAPAL), which I believe is impossible. The computer opponent is at max reaction rate and you have no powers. He spams volcano so quickly that you can never catch up, even if you turn the game speed down with SHIFT+S. I watched people play the console versions on youtube, but none of them seem to get this map. Even so, they never seem to get spammed volcano like we do in the DOS version. So I'm done with this nonsense, and I'm giving up. I'll try Populous II.

I started playing this game again in 2019, and got stuck on a level around 150 (Not sure of the exact number, but see below for a saved game). The computer opponent just keeps spamming volcano and knights; starting very early. Whereas you cant use any powers except move papal magnet and armageddon. I gave up on this a few years ago, and decided to try again today. But my goodness, I'm not suprised I gave up -- It's such a surreal difficulty ramp!

Does anyone have any tips on this? I've read several guides, but none of them are helpful for this particular map.

Here is the saved game for the Gog version of Populous with the Promised Lands expansion: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p9qrm5flm8s5qq … /SOFAR.GAM/file