VOGONS

Is munt windows 98 compatible?

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 40, by stanwebber

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

alright, i've got everything settled down now and working flawlessly under win98. i switched to an azt-2320 sound card with good wdm drivers which instantly solved my directsound issues with multiple clients. i also switched from the java serial-midi bridge i was using with softmpu to the roland serial drivers which eliminated any remaining latency issues. i also tried out the yamaha cbx-midi driver which worked equally well. i did have to add midiox into my workflow to connect the drivers to my other virtual midi synths, but this wasn't necessary with munt.

i also discovered why mt32emu-qt was preventing my system from shutting down. i have kernelex installed and exempted mt32emu-qt from the kernelex extensions because it doesn't need it. strangely enough, when i re-enabled the extensions for mt32emu-qt i can now shut down my system normally.

munt under win98 is now running as smoothly as i've experienced it under winxp & linux. thanks again for doing the work to get it compiled with older versions of qt.