VOGONS

Munt Reloaded - Development

Topic actions

Reply 960 of 965, by clearcase

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's interesting, thanks. I have MT-32 ROMs here, would be interested to know which ROMs have the lookup tables and their address and size if it's convenient. An idea of how to make use of them would be great too. I can code fairly well in C but maths is not a strong point at all.

Reply 961 of 965, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No, this is not about external ROM chips. LA32 itself contains internal LUTs. More details can be found in https://github.com/munt/munt/blob/master/mt32 … /src/Tables.cpp
as opposed to the external ROM set that comprises of the control ROM, PCM ROM and the reverb ROM.

Reply 962 of 965, by clearcase

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, thanks. I wanted to try and get a bit accurate conversion if possible but this is not the thread for that really. Should I start a thread about that or is it not really the right forum? I'm new here. Thanks again.

Reply 963 of 965, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Of course, feel free to start a new thread for it. But I don't insist because I'm not a moderator, yet this thread turned to a mess long time ago 😀

I'd just note that LA32 doesn't perform the conversion of the PCM ROM data to linear wave like you probably expect . Instead, it handles samples in the log space first (for both speed and accuracy), and does just some final steps in the linear space. Albeit, it is a general note, and for PCM samples this is rather contrary, but still the integer (or fixed point?) exponent is applied to PCM data that has already been processed.