VOGONS

First post, by Merthanal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A quick hello!
My question is regarding any games that do not feature a LAN/Internet multiplayer function but have a "local" multiplayer option like a hot seat where players take turns subsequently.

I learned the Supernintendo emulator was being capable of doing exactly that. For example, Playing Supermario Brothers, both players were no longer necessary to sit next to each other (like it was intended to) but rather connected via an option of the emulator itself that "linked" the two launched games together.

My question is, if this is also possible with this Dos Emulator? I have tried around a bit and browsed the readme and thought "before I waste my time to find out the hard way, the easiest solution is by asking the people who developed it".

So, is such "infused multiplayer" is possible where you can play a hot seat multiplayer game over the internet? If so; how? if not; will you consider implementing it?

Thanks for answering 😀

Reply 1 of 1, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's been brought up before. There are security issues with such a system and it's also not high on the list of priorities (compatibility).

DOSBox Feature Request Thread

# VNC for sharing DOSBox screen for turn-based gaming. # Support for kaillera […]
Show full quote

# VNC for sharing DOSBox screen for turn-based gaming.
# Support for kaillera

viewtopic.p...t=kaillera
Implementation would be very very hard. For now use Remote Desktop/VNC

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline