VOGONS

First post, by pixelatedscraps

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I pulled this Asus P3B-F board with a 800Mhz Pentium III CPU out of an old InWin case I picked up.

As far as I can tell the CPU is either an 800Mhz or overclocked 533Mhz piece - both are selectable in bios.

But what caught my eye is the fact it’s a Celeron and in a slotket - before I take this apart, can anyone fill me in as to what I’m looking at in terms of potential here: can I max this out with a 1.4Ghz Tualaron?

Attachments

My ultimate dual 440LX / Voodoo2 SLI build

Reply 1 of 8, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Upgradeware Slot T is I think specifically Tualatin compatible.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 3 of 8, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, this is a slotket that suppports Tualatin out of the box. You can read more about it here:
http://duhvoodooman.com/powrleap/lfl/slot-t_1.htm
The only limitation is that your motherboard -has- to support voltages in the range of 1.3 volt to 1.8 volt. This slotket does not have its own VRM like the Powerleap does.

Reply 4 of 8, by pixelatedscraps

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Damn. You guys are good. So the adapter doesn’t allow for voltage regulation but seems to be able to accept a 1.4Ghz Tualaron provided the P3B-F can support the correct voltage.

Reply 7 of 8, by TehGuy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PARKE wrote on 2021-10-04, 14:46:

Yes. The ASUS P3B-F most likely does support the lower voltages. But you may need the latest BIOS version if you do not have it already.

I'd think the ability to support the correct voltages is going to hinge more on the PMIC on the board than the BIOS (or maybe I'm wrong and it depends on both). Something like a HIP6004BCB would work, but I wouldn't be surprised if different manufacturers used different components for this stuff; you;d have to look at the board and identify the correct IC.

Win98+DOS: C3 Ezra-T 1.0AGHz / P3-S 1.26GHz, 128MB RAM, AWE64 + Orpheus + Audigy 2 ZS, Ti 4200, 128GB SD card
Win XP SP3: C2Q 9650, 4GB RAM, X-Fi Titanium, GTX 750
PowerMac G4 QS 800MHz + GeForce4 Ti4200, OS 9
PowerMac G5 DP 1.8Ghz + ATi x800 XT, Leopard

Reply 8 of 8, by pixelatedscraps

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PARKE wrote on 2021-10-04, 17:03:

In case you are going to fiddle with it:JPYY22.JPG

Jeepers / jumpers? 🤣