VOGONS

First post, by atom1kk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have managed finally to install DOS driver for the live card. and they work under dos. But when i want to play dos games in windows mode i do not get any sound. I think its not because of the DOS drivers but windows? correct me if i am wrong?

I think it is because of the windows drivers which shall also install an emulation as you can see here in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudybNVofBM

On 13:09 you can see he has a SB16 emulation driver installed, this is what i need I think. my Driver didnt install it.

Itried all the drivers from library but only the latest one did work.

My problem is, that I can only install one driver from 2001, everything else before keeps hanging on the point " windows drivers installation". AsI might find out, this happens while he installs DOS drivers. (On one version i could choose the DOS drivers seperate. I unmarked everything else und it hang up. if i install everything else but dos drivers it worked)
So i think the 2001 drivers did not have the dos drivers anymore so thats why it worked.

I have the CT4830 card, maybe its too new for the old drivers, and the SB0100 from the video might be older.

In the video he used the drivers from Philslab, its a simple one not the liveware drivers. I already started with the lifeware once, so the simple on didnt work anymore for me.

Is there a way to uninstall the drivers completely, so windows does not find them on restart agian?