VOGONS

First post, by WJG6260

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello all,

I recently came into possession of an ASUS P3C-E, which is something that I’ve been looking for over the past while. It’s a wonderful board, and it works great; I was fortunate to find one that looks almost brand new!

My board is PCI-only, and I was wondering if it’s possible to add the factory-optional ISA slot. The board has a blank set of solder pads silkscreened for the IT8888F PCI-ISA bridge and underneath some stickers on the bottom it has a blank spot where the ISA slot would otherwise have been. There appear to be spots for various SMD components as well.

I was wondering if it’s possible to “upgrade” my board with an ISA slot, given that there are some other members with the same board that came pre-equipped from the factory with ISA. Does anyone think this is possible?

If so, would anyone mind sharing some photos of the ISA slot area so that I can compare my board and see what’s missing beyond the bridge chip and slot? I'm curious if this is really a worthwhile endeavor or if it will take too much effort.

Thanks for all your help!

P3C-E 1.jpg
P3C-E 2.jpg
P3C-E 3.jpg
P3C-E 4.jpg
P3C-E 5.jpg

-Live Long and Prosper-

Feel free to check out my YouTube and Twitter!

Reply 1 of 5, by bofh.fromhell

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'll help you tomorrow evening if noone else responded =)

Reply 2 of 5, by WJG6260

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry I never got back to you! Thank you! I appreciate the help, but if it's too much, no worries. I am not in a rush either. I am just curious as to whether I can get this board fully configured!

-Live Long and Prosper-

Reply 3 of 5, by bofh.fromhell

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WJG6260 wrote on 2022-06-06, 21:12:

Sorry I never got back to you! Thank you! I appreciate the help, but if it's too much, no worries. I am not in a rush either. I am just curious as to whether I can get this board fully configured!

No worries.

Ran into a slight problem tho.
Can't find my MB .......
Really hope I didn't sell it in some system.

Reply 4 of 5, by WJG6260

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Gotcha! Not to worry.

I hope you can find it!

-Live Long and Prosper-

Reply 5 of 5, by karakarga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To use ISA slot, you also need an ITE chip, on the picture, that place is empty. I do not recommend to do such a modification. Gladly you have sold it may be? 😀

I have own one P3C-E myself with a ISA slot. (Another one I have is not working.) But, it is not really essential. An ESS sound card with amplifier & additional IDE controller what you can get from that slot. Use a Creative based speaker amplified card better. But rare industrial ISA cards can be fit to that place. Unnecessary....