VOGONS

First post, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Post any benchmarks you like, but lets try to at least get 3dm 99/2k if you can.

Post your full system config including model numbers/versions of parts if you
can, OS, hardware, driver versions, hacks, tweaks, anything special.

Let the competition begin!

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 1 of 15, by 80386SX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good idea, curious to see the results too.
These plastic staggered CPUs have always fascinated me.

Reply 2 of 15, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not sure if there is one to find in the pile or not. Had a brief mention of an MP6 200mhz in some old scribbles, but it was in context of somebody else's machine I was fixing/upgrading, so not sure if I booped them up to k6-2-400 and dropped it in a box of junk or what. What I am a little surer about is I got an eBay lot of 6 new K6-2 400s, and swapped 4 of them into fam/friends machines early-mid noughts, ending up with two cyrix, one K6-233 and the fourth is in question. I have been able to reconcile about 90% of my ancient scribbles so far, the rest IDK if they will get explained eventually or not.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 3 of 15, by Jasin Natael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Let's see those Rise/idragon scores!

Reply 4 of 15, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When comparing CPU benchmarks, it's probably best to use a CPU benchmark, rather than a GPU benchmark with no specific GPU 😀

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 5 of 15, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
debs3759 wrote on 2022-09-25, 18:00:

When comparing CPU benchmarks, it's probably best to use a CPU benchmark, rather than a GPU benchmark with no specific GPU 😀

In the aiming for the stars threads we have been usually doing quake and 3dmark stuff.

You can post whatever you like though super pi? Prime? Sandra? Cpu-z mark

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
-
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 6 of 15, by Jasin Natael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dang, I guess these chips are pretty rare.
I was sure at least a few members would have one and be willing to throw up some benchmarks.

Reply 8 of 15, by lukas12p

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Rise 200 MHz (2x100), MVP3 2MB, GF2GTS

Reply 9 of 15, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Compared to what other processors?

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 11 of 15, by Jasin Natael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lukas12p wrote on 2022-11-11, 23:19:

Rise 200 MHz (2x100), MVP3 2MB, GF2GTS

Awesome.

Requisite: "it has begun...."

Reply 12 of 15, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just put together a system with a Rise iDragon (MP6) PR266 @200MHz. I am using a PC Chips M585LMR motherboard. Not a top of the line motherboard, but I got it cheap and it has the very handy CPU Plug-n-Play in the BIOS setup. It makes trying out different speed combinations much easier. Anyway here are the results I got using Speedsys 4.78

Reply 14 of 15, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I overclocked my iDragon to 250MHz with a 2.5x multiplier and so far it's been stable. I am also attaching the datasheets for the Rise MP6 & iDragon CPUs and Speedsys 4.78 results to compare to my previous post.

Reply 15 of 15, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got some new additions to the collection today :p IDK if I will bother testing them though unless someone thinks they may hold some secrets or performance I wasn’t able to see on the socketed cpus in the pic (the ones I already had)

Did ES cpus have any extra features or quirks?

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
-
-