VOGONS

Old at case

Topic actions

First post, by rain

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hi, i searching old at computer cases i found this case but im curious is this AT case. i noticed serial ports on back but not at connector.

Attachments

• at2.png
    Filename
    at2.png
    File size
    357.05 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • at1.png
    Filename
    at1.png
    File size
    238.55 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 2 of 9, by ajacocks

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Looks like it might be AT compatible, though. You’d just need an ATX I/O shield with only an AT keyboard connector cutout.

This has been discussed before, and you can 3D print this:
Re: ATX I/O shield models for 3D printing

One option would be to get something like this and cut a hole:
https://www.amazon.com/iomesh-black-universal … e/dp/b08nwfqxmj

- Alex

Reply 3 of 9, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Agree ! Having the Serial/Parallel (and looks like for a scsi) cutouts reminds me of an early AT/ATX combo case from the mid 1990's

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 5 of 9, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
rain wrote on 2022-12-16, 06:00:

and there is no PSU cutout on case

That's a PSU cutout.

Attachments

• at2.png
    Filename
    at2.png
    File size
    353.16 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 9, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
rain wrote on 2022-12-16, 06:17:

oh thanks ..

No worries. 👍
The two marked holes line up with typical AT board holes so I believe this case takes AT as well as ATX motherboards.
I believe I can see an AT PSU inside the case in the first pic too.
Only uncertainty is wether the case can mount an AT switch suitable for mains voltage.

Attachments

• at3.png
    Filename
    at3.png
    File size
    361.95 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 8 of 9, by majestyk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had a very similar case around 1997 that I bought with a Baby-AT mainboard, it came with a metal shield that had the cutout for the AT keyboard connector only.
Later I upgraded the system with an ATX board and just removed the metal shield.
The AT power switch of the AT PSU could be replaced by a pushbutton switch for ATX mode with the same mounting holes for two screws (those larger ones for 250V~ 1/2A). The plastic AT pushbutton could be put on the new switch easily so you didn´t notice the difference when looking from the outside.

BTW I still have this case, I "downgraded" it a couple of years ago with a FIC VA-503+ and reinstalled the original AT shield. It´s my only permanent Socket 7 / K6-III+ system til today.