VOGONS

First post, by PC Building Yoshi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! I know I haven't posted here in a while, but I need help.
Long Story Short, My aunt gave me a bunch of PC hardware, including a 750W semi-modular PSU from EVGA, and yesterday I helped a friend with his PC problems and he gave me a new 120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7. The new PSU model is EVGA Supernova NEX750B.

While I can connect the 4-Pin Molex Connectors to the Hard drives and the CD Drive, I can't figure out how to connect my GPU, the Nvidia GeForce 6600 which only has 1 4-Pin Molex connector to it. So, here are a few questions I have...

1: How can I connect my GPU to this PSU? I have a splitter cable that has 2 4-Pin connectors on it and on the other side it has a PCI-E Power connector, Can I use that to power the GPU even though there are only 3 out of 4 pins being used? Here's what I'm talking about if my description wasn't very clear

2: Can the GPU share a power cable with the CD Drive?

3: Can Hard Drives share a power cable with the CD Drive?

4: What would be the safest way to power the GPU without it sharing any power cables with the Hard drives or CD Drive?

That's it for my post for today. Any help or Advice will be thanked and Appreciated in Advance!

Specs:

• CPU: Intel Pentium III, 800 MHz, 100 MHz FSB
    Motherboard: Intel D815EEA, Chipset Type: Intel 815E, Max Bus Speed: 133 MHz
    RAM: 256MB pc133 SDRAM
    GPU: Nvidia FXF GeForce 6600