VOGONS

First post, by bmwsvsu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Now here's an oddity that I have never seen before - an add-on card for the Wyse Vx0 thin client that isn't a PCMCIA slot add-on. I can't find much info on the internet about it. So here are some pics of the unit I have come into possession of.

Performance-wise, this thing can be overclocked considerably from its factory settings. I installed Omega drivers under Windows 98 and used the overclock tool to get speeds all the way up from 141/141 (ram/core) clock to 200/200 before I started to have problems.

In 3dMark 2000, it scores a little higher than the same Radeon chip found in the HP T5710 thin client (1510 vs 1323 score). Overclocked, the score goes up to 1866 with a significant framerate gain in the low detail tests (from 30 FPS to 40 FPS in both game tests).

Notes:
-In the device manager, both the Radeon 7000 and onboard video adapter are active, and there is dual monitor support with one monitor plugged into the onboard port and the other plugged into the Radeon port. I did, however, end up with visual corruption when dragging a program window from one screen to the other
-You can set the default adapter in the BIOS (AGP for onboard, PCI for Radeon)

EDIT - whoops, didn't attach the photos properly.

Attachments

• radeon7000.jpg
    Filename
    radeon7000.jpg
    File size
    149.68 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain