VOGONS

Reply 21 of 23, by GTA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HanSolo wrote on 2023-05-09, 23:44:

I have a Toshiba Satellite 320CDT and wasn't able to make a 120GB M.2 Sata SSD with adapter work. Not even on a Satellite 4000 which is a Pentium 2 model. Don't know if it's the size, or the fact that it's a M.2 drive, or if the problem is my specific SSD, or the adapter.

hi HanSolo does the Toshiba Satellite 320CDT will see the 120gb m.2 ssd if the size of the ssd is lowerd with a program? i want to know

Reply 22 of 23, by HanSolo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GTA wrote on 2023-05-18, 08:55:
HanSolo wrote on 2023-05-09, 23:44:

I have a Toshiba Satellite 320CDT and wasn't able to make a 120GB M.2 Sata SSD with adapter work. Not even on a Satellite 4000 which is a Pentium 2 model. Don't know if it's the size, or the fact that it's a M.2 drive, or if the problem is my specific SSD, or the adapter.

hi HanSolo does the Toshiba Satellite 320CDT will see the 120gb m.2 ssd if the size of the ssd is lowerd with a program? i want to know

I tried that as well. Unfortunately this is all about a year ago and since I tried pretty much everything that came to my mind I can't remember exactly what problems I had with one method and what problem with another.
But as I said, maybe that was just specific to my SSD or my adapter. Those things are not a big investment so you should simply try it out and maybe you have more luck with your devices 😀

Reply 23 of 23, by GTA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

update: i end up bought a sd card ide adapter with a 32GB A1 Sandisk Extrame Micro SD card and it is works fine and it is also enough for this old computers anyways, but i appreciate your guys help thank you guys for helping me