VOGONS

First post, by ElectroSoldier

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Guys Ive been searching ebay until Im blue in the face and cant seem to find exactly what Im looking for.

ATX case stand off pegs
But the screw thread is the coarse 3.5" hard drive type and the peg height has to be 8mm.
I cant seem to find anything as they screw threads are all in M* mesaurements and the thread is the standard hard drive thread.

ebay co uk has many but I just dont know which ones to go for. I need a pack of 10.

Reply 1 of 2, by smtkr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm eyeballing a standoff right now. I have it next to a #6-32 machine screw and they look the same. 3.5mm sounds pretty much spot on for a 6-32 screw. Additionally, that was a pretty common size for screws in computers when I was younger. Take a look and let me know if that's the right size.

Reply 2 of 2, by kaputnik

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
smtkr wrote on 2023-08-03, 02:38:

I'm eyeballing a standoff right now. I have it next to a #6-32 machine screw and they look the same. 3.5mm sounds pretty much spot on for a 6-32 screw. Additionally, that was a pretty common size for screws in computers when I was younger. Take a look and let me know if that's the right size.

The threads normally used in computers are M3 and 6-32 UNC, so yes, that's almost guaranteed what you have.

OP, try searching ebay.co.uk for "male to female 6-32 8mm standoff".

If you can't find any 6-32 standoffs, it might also be possible to use M3 ones with nuts on the back side.