help slow boot

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 43, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
scroeffie wrote on 2023-08-31, 21:08:
deturbo is turbo switch on ,i wil change all the jumpers for new once tomorrow ,friend of mine says he is 90% shure the cpu has […]
Show full quote

deturbo is turbo switch on ,i wil change all the jumpers for new once tomorrow ,friend of mine says he is 90% shure the cpu has some kind of damage and or slow external cache
i think the manual is lying and max cpu speed is 66mhz
the bios i did not change thats the original ami bios that came with the pc .i also tried sram modules just to be shure
i wil try the other ram slots ,i did remove the external chache but no change but wil test again tomorrow
is the one i have newer ? 40-0B03-428045-00101111-121593-OP802G-H < maybe one is for pci and one for vlb ?
i dont have a board to test this dx4 100mhz cpu just to be shure its not the cpu .friend says its the cpu .people on discord say its the motherboard
but the dx2 50mhz works perfect 0 problems with turbo on and off

wil keep you guys up to date

I already mentioned the FSB vs CPU frequency thing.
Can you upload the bios you have ?
You could try running the dx2-50 at 66, see if that works, just long enough to test the turbo/de-turbo.

edit: dx4 cpu fault feels likely to me at the moment.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 43 of 43, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

rofl 🤣 glad it worked in the end
of course I should have spotted that 🙁, I already posted about
> Comparing jumper tables it looks like Jumper 16 dual block is responsible for switching between 5 and 3.3V
and then you uploaded picture with those jumpers set to 5V. Luckily sounds like you didnt manage to fry the cpu

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction