VOGONS

First post, by CoolDoomer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good afternoon.
I have an Focus FK-2001 keyboard that uses 102 key asian layout. Also it uses an AT/XT toggle switch. I made sure it uses AT mode.

When I use the keyboard on an AT motherboard, all keys work fine. The only problems I noticed:
1. When booting, the pc speaker makes some ticking noises. With other AT keyboard it doesnt make this. Switching to XT mode makes much more ticking noises and it isnt recognized by motherboard.
2. In Windows, backspace doesnt delete keys until it reaches the beginning of a line. It deletes all line. In MSDOS it is fine.
3. Shift keys doesnt work on all keys. Sometimes I have to switch from left shift to right shift to write special chars.

Reply 1 of 3, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sounds like some key is actually internally stuck on it, perhaps there's some dirt inside or other problems. Mark out all the odd behaving keys and do a mechanical inspection on them.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 2 of 3, by CoolDoomer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tiido wrote on 2023-09-16, 06:41:

Sounds like some key is actually internally stuck on it, perhaps there's some dirt inside or other problems. Mark out all the odd behaving keys and do a mechanical inspection on them.

Sorry for necroing. Actually this was the issue! Thank you so much. I used AquaKeyTest to notice the PageDown key was stuck.