VOGONS

First post, by stlouis1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone know what these fan connectors are so I can order some from digikey, mouser, or elsewhere, along with pins to crimp on? I have a few older AGP cards here I'm replacing heatsinks and fans on because the old fans are dead or have bad bearings. I've found some HSF's that fit but the fan connectors don't match up. Some cards have the smaller connector, others use the slightly larger one, one card has a 3 pin connector, others only have 2 pins...

I thought of desoldering wires from the old fans and resoldering them on the new ones but some of the fans are pressed in, in a way that I'm afraid of breaking the new fan just to reach the solder joints so it seems easier to just get the crimp pins and connector housing to crimp new plugs on the replacement HSF's where needed. I just don't know what these connectors are called to narrow down the parts I need and could use a hand

Attachments

Reply 2 of 4, by stlouis1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

JST rings a bell actually. I think I've looked these up before for something else now that I think of it. That gets me on a path at least. Just need to identify the different sizing now to get the right pins and connector housings