VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by AlessandroB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Swapping the hard drive, with so many trick because the screw-hole are different from the early hard disk to the more modern one.

Attachments

Reply 21 of 22, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So wait, it starts in CRT mode and then after bios initialization switches to LCD timings screwing VGA output? Also weird that it remembers without CMOS battery.
Im still interested what the LCD timings are 😀 That $5 "CY7C68013A-56 EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Develope Board Module" is a no brainer if you are a tinkerer and like to measure something high speed from time to time.

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction

Reply 22 of 22, by AlessandroB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rasz_pl wrote on 2024-02-04, 07:39:

So wait, it starts in CRT mode and then after bios initialization switches to LCD timings screwing VGA output? Also weird that it remembers without CMOS battery.
Im still interested what the LCD timings are 😀 That $5 "CY7C68013A-56 EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Develope Board Module" is a no brainer if you are a tinkerer and like to measure something high speed from time to time.

no, start with internal lcd, then i set “crt” in bios and it remember it until i disconnect the notebook from the main power for a couple o hours. i think some kinsd of capacitor keep the preference for a limited time..