VOGONS

First post, by popcalent

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, all.

I have a PC104 ICOP 6052V board, and I need to figure out the pinout of the different connectors. I checked the ICOP 6052V reference manual, and the PCPC104 specification and found nothing.

I'm sure the FDD and IDE connectors are standard And you just put there an FDD or IDE ribbon cable and it works. I assume the same is true for the LPT and COM connectors since some I/O boards had floating DB9/DB25 connectors connected to the board's pin header through a ribbon cable (as opposed to having said connectors directly soldered to the board).

However, I can't find the pinout of the DIN-5 keyboard connector (1x5 pin header at CONT3), the PS2 mouse connector (1x5 pin header at CONT4), and the VGA connector (2x5 pin header at CONT12). Of course, I can find the pinouts of the DIN-5/PS2/VGA connectors on Google, but I'm obviously talking about the pin headers on the board.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Screenshot-2024-02-20-07-18-55-140-cn-wps-moffice-eng-edit.jpg

Reply 3 of 3, by Ryccardo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
popcalent wrote on 2024-02-22, 21:47:

I assume the same is true for the LPT and COM connectors since some I/O boards had floating DB9/DB25 connectors connected to the board's pin header through a ribbon cable (as opposed to having said connectors directly soldered to the board).

Just FYI there are 2 standards for those - you can have each pin go to the numerically correspondent one (the standard numbering for multiline Berg/Dupont/arduino/raspberry/whatever connectors being in zigzag across the rows), or you can have a "miniature of the socket" layout that looks nuts in the manual but makes a lot of sense when you're assembling the cable (wires remain in sorta positional order, which is convenient for the flat cables likely used in this application)
😀