VOGONS

First post, by kotel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi

Finally found an 25 pin COM to 9 pin COM adapter, so I could test this Quatech DSCLP/SSCLP-100 multi port card. Looking for drivers I could only find one on Driver identifier website. Installing it ends up with error code 10, cannot initialize the device. Installing drivers under XP since it looks like 7 decided not to like 32 bit drivers. I have no idea is this 2 port or 4 port COM card. Does anybody have the driver for it, or at least knows where to find it? IF somebody has the driver, could you share it?

Last edited by kotel on 2024-05-16, 10:21. Edited 1 time in total.

Socket 478 totally sucks.

Reply 1 of 4, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kotel wrote on 2024-05-13, 18:44:

Hi

Finally found an 25 pin COM to 9 pin COM adapter, so I could test this Quatech DSCLP/SSCLP-100 multi port card. Looking for drivers I could only find one on Driver identifier website. Installing it ends up with error code 10, cannot initialize the device. Installing drivers under XP since it looks like 7 decided not to like 32 bit drivers. I have no idea is this 2 port or 4 port COM card. Does anybody have the driver for it, or at least knows where to find it? IF somebody has the driver, could you share it?

These seem like the newest on the Quatech archive (for Windows 2000/XP). There are drivers for other OSes if you need them.

Filename
win2kxpcom170.exe
File size
555 KiB
Downloads
4 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

There's a utilities package as well...

Filename
commutil.exe
File size
201.5 KiB
Downloads
3 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

...with the following

QTPCI--DOS PCI Configuration Viewer which allows you to see exactly how the system has allocated resources to your Quatech PCI boards, but it will not allow you to change that configuration.

SetComm--a program used for installing serial ports into the DOS equipment list.

SetBaud--a program used to set the boards port baud rate to any rate supported by the UART/crystal combination.

QT-UART--a program used for testing Quatech serial boards and determining that the board is functioning properly.

COMDRIVE for DOS -- a program used to extend the number of DOS supported COM ports from four to 34.

LPTDRIVE for DOS--a program used to extend the number of DOS supported LPT ports from three to eight.

Reply 3 of 4, by kotel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2024-05-13, 19:44:

Here's a newer set off of DriverGuide

win2kxpcom221.zip

Same error as before.

PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2024-05-13, 19:25:
These seem like the newest on the Quatech archive (for Windows 2000/XP). There are drivers for other OSes if you need them. […]
Show full quote
kotel wrote on 2024-05-13, 18:44:

Hi

These seem like the newest on the Quatech archive (for Windows 2000/XP). There are drivers for other OSes if you need them.

win2kxpcom170.exe

There's a utilities package as well...

commutil.exe

...with the following

QTPCI--DOS PCI Configuration Viewer which allows you to see exactly how the system has allocated resources to your Quatech PCI boards, but it will not allow you to change that configuration.

SetComm--a program used for installing serial ports into the DOS equipment list.

SetBaud--a program used to set the boards port baud rate to any rate supported by the UART/crystal combination.

QT-UART--a program used for testing Quatech serial boards and determining that the board is functioning properly.

COMDRIVE for DOS -- a program used to extend the number of DOS supported COM ports from four to 34.

LPTDRIVE for DOS--a program used to extend the number of DOS supported LPT ports from three to eight.

.EXE file gives me error 10 as before. I don't think I need to try out the utility package if the drivers can't install. Any ideas?

Socket 478 totally sucks.