VOGONS

First post, by Gravedigger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello, I have a problem that I've been stuck on for 2 days. I received my video cables to connect my x68000 and my fm-towns 2 to my ossc mcbazel 1.6. I had no image despite good synchronization on the ossc. I finally managed to get an image by leaving everything by default but changing the "v-active from 512 to 500 (in "640x512") and putting the 480p/576 in passtrough. Now my new problem is that the image appears and disappears every second and everything is yellow (exactly the same symptoms with fm-towns 2). Can you help me please 😢

Last edited by Gravedigger on 2024-05-20, 06:49. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 10, by Gravedigger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mln wrote on 2024-05-15, 07:05:

It looks like the display doesn't like what it gets from the OSSC. Let's try any other screen to confirm if that's the case.

Ok, i will try this in 2 hour with my other screen : a Asus tuf vg27vqm

Reply 5 of 10, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What connection are you using from the x68000 to the ossc?

I use a simple VGA connector (via a rgb15-hd15 passive adapter which I sourced from Amazon JP) to the ossc. I used this on two X68000 Pros (both of which were broken in other ways, unfortunately) and on my working Super.

The Sharp outputs in several video modes and you are better off using the VGA input on the osscto handle them all, rather than the scart input, for example.

No problems displaying on a Dell u2410 or my current dell s2722dgm.

Remember that the ossc does not change the horizontal refresh rate, so the monitor needs to be happy with whatever screen refresh the sharp puts out, even if the ossc is upscaling it.

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net

Reply 6 of 10, by Gravedigger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
megatron-uk wrote on 2024-05-15, 08:20:
What connection are you using from the x68000 to the ossc? […]
Show full quote

What connection are you using from the x68000 to the ossc?

I use a simple VGA connector (via a rgb15-hd15 passive adapter which I sourced from Amazon JP) to the ossc. I used this on two X68000 Pros (both of which were broken in other ways, unfortunately) and on my working Super.

The Sharp outputs in several video modes and you are better off using the VGA input on the osscto handle them all, rather than the scart input, for example.

No problems displaying on a Dell u2410 or my current dell s2722dgm.

Remember that the ossc does not change the horizontal refresh rate, so the monitor needs to be happy with whatever screen refresh the sharp puts out, even if the ossc is upscaling it.

I use an rgb15 to vga female adapter. then a male to male vga cable on the ossc. And finally, HDMI cable to my Asus predator. How can I know if my ESR monitor is compatible? I always read everywhere that with the ossc you could connect the x68000 to any modern monitor/tv 😞