VOGONS

question about ATX case

Topic actions

First post, by gravitone

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I haven't made up my mind about purchasing this case from someone. It's quite big, but holds 2 full ATX boards + PSU's. It would be excellent for a combination new/retro system, but Im a bit worried about the airflow and lack of vent holes. Modding should not be too great of a problem, but I just haven't convinced myself yet how great this case is. On one hand it would be perfect, on the other I'm not sure if it will end up being a good buy looking back in a few years from now. Just tell me how awesome this case is so I feel less guilty about actually wanting this monstrosity so I can get back to my life! 😁

107j78o.jpg

a1o1w9.jpg

Reply 1 of 2, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd be a bit wary of that one, actually... it looks suspiciously like a Codegen case. The side panel design and the front bezel/door are very similar to a smaller Codegen server case I used for my old Athlon XP system, and while it looked really awesome on the outside, it was the single worst case I've ever owned. Lots of wasted space yet not enough room where I needed it, flimsy metal with sharp edges and nothing ever fit together right, and despite a lot of fans and vent holes, it had really bad air circulation.

I could be wrong, it might be something else that happens to share some design cues. But you'd be well advised to check it out thoroughly in person before you commit to it.

Reply 2 of 2, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't know how well built it is, but I love the concept.