VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Pippy P. Poopypants wrote:

Don't fret if you can't find a Diamond driver for this card. I've read through most (if not all) of Diamond's archived pages and can't find any info or manufacturer-specific drivers for this card, so it's quite possible that they intended this product purely for the OEM channel. Personally though, I prefer reference drivers over Diamond's anyway since they tend to be newer. Fully removing Diamond drivers from your system (including through the registry, at least from my past experience) is quite a pain.

Good point. I prefer using those general drivers also, except maybe in some specific situations. But as I was looking at the cdrom and saw the list, I thought I'd just write the rest of it as I was on it anyway 😉

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 21 of 21, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The card pictured, however, has video capture hardware included and I'm not sure the 9750 reference drivers would support that. However, that doesn't matter much now. I managed to find a copy of the Diamond driver (and the time spent locating it probably wasn't worth it):

http://replay.web.archive.org/20061018224445/ … cards/dm975.zip

UPDATE: I just tried these drivers and this card on my old Micron Pentium box. The card supports 32 bit color depth and the port on the back that reads "Tuner In" is actually just a plain Jane S-Vid input. The card also supports 32 bit color. However, 2D on this card leaves much room for improvement. While booting, it seemed fine as did when I got to the desktop. However, anything on a white or light background has a red border around it.

EDIT (again): Maybe the card isn't so bad but instead the monitor. I plugged my old Micron box with that card installed into another monitor and even at 1280x1024x32bpp, image quality was as good as any other card. Still, the fact that the monitor it gave problems with had no issues with my Virge... Never the less, on the other monitor, it seemed to do well enough if not spectacular and video input is nifty.