VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya!

Since I learned my lesson on the GeForce4 recommended driver version, does anyone have a suggestion for the Riva128zx one?
Currently nVidia offers v3.37 (http://www.nvidia.com/object/riva_drivers.html) , but is this the best to use?

Thanks as always for any suggestion(s)! 😊

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've used the 1337 one too, worked fine with my riva128.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am pretty satisfied my self but I had a failure this evening, using uharc in a full screen dos window and when the time came for the batch to kill the window and exit I found my self to some striped desktop 🤣 the driver had crashed but not that badly to freeze the computer.... had to hard reset

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AGP voltage issue?

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thought of that and I ran 3Dmark2000 benchmark 3 times in a row... wouldn't that stress the system enough? The p200mmx struggled and I got a measly 311 score 🤣 ... plus I did not have a game failing until now... only this fullscreen dos -> desktop gfx problem...
...maybe I am overeating, spoiled from modern systems/OSes 😁

Reply 5 of 7, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i also use v3.37. there is a v3.41beta but it crashes both 3dmark2000 and 2001.
in what mode do you run 3dmark2000? the riva128zx has only 8mb of ram so it can only run 800*600 double buffer or 640*480 triple buffer, and no 1024*768. and on my computer it gets a lousy 1800 score in 640*480!

Reply 7 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

poking through windows system manager I found that the AGP driver is a microsoft one... strange since I installed Via4in1 drivers for my MVP3 mobo... I manually updated to the via "normal speed" agp driver, maybe that was the prob... does this seem a good decision replacing the driver?