VOGONS

First post, by Dhall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just a quick post for those, who like looking at tip-top shape old hardware and well-put-together configurations.

The backstory is that some guy got bored with life and decided to sell his collection. When I asked him why he explained: "I have to move to a smaller flat, and that is why I have to get rid of my retro stuff". There you have it. My heart is bleeding, and yours will too, once you get to know our currency 1.00 HUF = 0.00424148 USD or 1.00 USD = 235 HUF (HUF stands for Hungarian Forint)

That means right now the highest bid is around 5-10 bucks, and these configs boast some well chosen pieces of hardware.

After you open the link scroll down to see the lovely pictures.

"Termékleírás" means Item description and "Jelenlegi ajánlat" (at the top) is Hungarian for Current Offer (highest bid)

The computorz:

8086 Clone

Intel 80286

Pentium Mmx 166 a real treat!

Am-386 DX-40

HP Vectra

IBM PC 300PL

Reply 2 of 3, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

yeah whatever, the gus pnp and classic are on my wanted list! they are rare as hell here, most people could only afford cheap and brandless isa ess/realtek soundcards in those days.

Reply 3 of 3, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

noshutdown, I know what you must feel. Got the same problem, most stuff here is nameless and cheap... Got 3 different S3 Trios in old systems from different places yet nothing really worth mentioning 😉 I have to buy stuff from other people in other cities, but that's not that bad.