VOGONS

First post, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm absolutely shocked that I can't seem to find one of these for sale anywhere. Maybe my Google-fu just isn't up to snuff.

I will be happy to buy one if I can find it but I realize that I may end up having to build the thing from scratch.. Does anyone have a schematic for the pin-out of this cable? Or maybe there is a way to make a 9-pin to 15-pin (joystick port) adapter?

I want to use this to connect an MP-401 compatible midi card to an MT-32.

Here is a link to my Amibay listing:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=38579

Reply 1 of 7, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What MIDI card do you have?

I've got a music quest card with a DB9 port on the back of the card, and a hard plastic DB9 -> 2x DIN connectors.
I'm not sure if there's any standard for these connectors as the DB15 MIDI ports found on sound blasters and the like were much more common. (You can usually buy these DB15 MIDI cables from music shops).

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 3 of 7, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Chewhacca wrote:

Wrong gender DB9 plug, and wrong size MIDI plugs. (For a Midiman anyway)

OP, do you know what brand your card is?

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 4 of 7, by Jepael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Please post picture of your card, or at least some links what card is it.

The difference is that the 15-pin game port midi adapters are not passive, they contain the MIDI circuitry needed to interface TTL logic levels on game port.

Your adapter looks like pure passive cable. A picture of the card (both sides) may enable me to figure out the connections, as the card would have all the MIDI circuitry on board.