VOGONS

First post, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I salvaged an Antec P180 case from the dumpster recently. It's a pretty nice case, but most of the parts are missing: the graphics card air duct, the door, the drive bay covers, the fans, and most importantly the rails for mounting the drives.

Antec's web store doesn't really have most of these parts, and the ones they do have are awfully pricey.

Would anyone here have suggestions on a good source for replacement components?

Reply 2 of 8, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You wouldn't happen to still have this case would you? I have a sx1240 (or something like that cant remember the model) and if the rails are still missing I have a lot of them. My case has like 14 drive bays and I only use around 4

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 3 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Actually, I do. Someone in another thread suggested I might try calling Antec directly, but I've been too busy to try that yet.

The rails are here; the description suggests that only other P18x use the same ones:
http://store.antec.com/Product/accessory-spar … 45-30228-9.aspx
http://store.antec.com/Product/accessory-spar … 45-30229-6.aspx

Reply 5 of 8, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry, my rails are not the same 😒 I swear Antec used different rails for EVERY model of case they have ever made. I have used a Sonata lll, the sx1240 and the Gaming One illusion. All of them use differently designed rails. Mine might work with some modifying of the ends and new holes drilled (at least for 3.5 rails)http://www.ebay.com/itm/Four-4-Antec-Case-Dri … =item35d2c1e2b5 here are mine, what do you think?

Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 6 of 8, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Im pretty sure that was me that suggested you call antec directly..they have part no lists they can look at that correspond to every case they make. Even if your part is discontinued they can tell you what case shares the same part. They were very helpful with me when I was looking for parts for my 900 ver1 case. Make sure you are calling them directly in their Los Angeles office. It's worth a try.

Reply 7 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, they offered to send me a cage and the drive rails for $40 within the US, or $60 to Canada. No drive bay covers or duct. Unfortunately for that price I can probably get an entire P180 case that isn't missing parts. Maybe I should just chuck this and get it over with.

Reply 8 of 8, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I say either toss it, or get creative with a drive cage from another desktop, some drilling and some screws!