VOGONS

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What do i need to be able to connect an AT keyboard (that also operates in XT mode via switch) to an PS/2 Keyboard port?
I tried using an converter plug but all that happens is that BIOS reports keyboard error and when i press a key a beeper beeps.
On XT mode there is no beeping but the keyboard still doesn't work.

It is this keyboard: http://puu.sh/8Yaqg
FCC ID : HQK2VHKEYMOUSE

[EDIT]

Keyboard controller is : intel P8049AH

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 2 of 5, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've never come across a single din keyboard not working with a simple din->ps/2 adaptor. I assume you've already tried connecting a normal ps/2 keyboard to that port, just to make sure nothing else is wrong? If you have, then you have a keyboard with a very unique personality there 😀 (which might not be so strange after all, it IS a weird keyboard with the trackball and all)

Reply 3 of 5, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think the converter is damaged.
I will try to find another one (there used to be tons of these dirt cheap).

Yeah, it also lacks arrow keys and function buttons 😁

Reply 4 of 5, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is the D-Sub for a serial connection? Is that just for the keyboard, or is it for the mouse component? (are they separate but share the same plastic body, or are they meant to share the same connector to the PC?)

Where I'm going with this is, does the keyboard/trackball combo work if connected via serial or DIN (or what have you)?

Reply 5 of 5, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Serial connection is just for the mouse. The Keyboard works with out it connected, but i think the mouse draws power from DIN connector for the Keyboard.