Geforce2 MX200 64mb

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by SPBHM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mwdmeyer wrote:

And the MX400 was pretty pointless as it just increased the GPU clock and not the actual memory, I suspect fast memory was still very expensive back then.

Everyone always hated the MX200 back in the day, but really it was an okay cheap card.

I don't understand what do you mean by that, MX 400 = 128bit SDR or 64bit DDR, MX 200 = 64bit SDR

so it's half the bandwidth at the same memory clock, and the extra 25MHz for the GPU, it's a huge difference for memory bandwidth, so I don't get your "pointless", the MX 400 was a great cheap card, the MX 200 wasn't.

the MX 400 with 128bit DDR would be ideal, but as far as I know it never existed, probably because Nvdia didn't want the MX 400 to get to close to the GTS/TI or whatever!?

Reply 21 of 21, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SPBHM wrote:

I don't understand what do you mean by that, MX 400 = 128bit SDR or 64bit DDR, MX 200 = 64bit SDR

He was comparing MX400 to vanilla MX.

SPBHM wrote:

the MX 400 with 128bit DDR would be ideal, but as far as I know it never existed, probably because Nvdia didn't want the MX 400 to get to close to the GTS/TI or whatever!?

There were certain vendors webs indicating MX SKUs of such spec, but I never found existing card as a proof. Happened very late in it's lifetime.