VOGONS

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is this thing (3D glasses) worth anything?
I can not find any decent info on them.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 1 of 3, by NamelessPlayer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've never heard of them before. Given your description, they could be one of two things:

-3D shutterglasses in the vein of the ELSA 3D Revelator/X3D sets I see around the Internet sometimes, which rely on high-refresh-rate CRT monitors with scanline-interleaved stereo frames. Some of these things were marketed as VR despite being little more than a means of viewing stereo 3D on the cheap.

-Far more unlikely is that they might actually be a full-fledged VR HMD like the Forte VFX1, Virtual i-O i-glasses VPC or the Victor CyberMaxx. All these things are set apart not just by the fact that they have integrated displays for each eye (albeit painfully low-res ones that don't even have 320x240 native res), but also integrated head-tracking systems that certain old games have native support for.

If they're the former, I wouldn't pay more than a few dollars. If they're the latter...well, I'd say that mostly hinges on whether it has head-tracking and if any games support the head-tracker.

Reply 3 of 3, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Reminds me of the CyberShades 3D glasses that LGR reviewed a while back. It even has the same software package.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Wa6HYjqQw

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt