Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
philscomputerlab wrote:
Both working fine :) […]
Show full quote

Both working fine 😀

jVGgnKyh.jpg

Nice haul Phil! I have the Diamond and the reference version of the Vortex 2. Love them for pci only 9x machines.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 6481 of 53082, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I like the Diamond software, but haven't figured out what version of the Aureal drivers it's based on.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 6482 of 53082, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wish Aureal would of stuck around one more year and produced better NT 5x drivers.
I'd use them more.

As for the goodwill issue above, there getting worse, lately the ones around me are not keeping hardly any electronics, of almost any kind.
Even cables and AC adapters, which goodwill used to be a good source of.
They seem to of made some other deal to recycle them 🙁
Atleast they dropped the prices of their CD's to silly low levels now, all they seem to be good for now.

Reply 6483 of 53082, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well your lucky about the CDs because mine seems to look them up and sometimes charges 3$ for one game in the jewel case. Most of the time they are 99 cents though. The boxed games on the other hand used to be 2$ all the time and are now usually like 3 - 4$ regardless of game. 😒

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 6484 of 53082, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

They lop PC-CD's with music, for 1.25.
Whats funny is seeing atari and intellivison carts, they seem to individually price them now, and seem to think since they are old. They are automatically worth their weight in gold, even for the common ones. They don't do that for nes\genesis\snes carts 🤣 there all 2$

Reply 6485 of 53082, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just saw a handfuil of NES carts for 20$ each at goodwill, granted they were the good ones but it's not like they are rare at all. 😒

I just don't get where they get the prices from at all... I've seen old typewriters marked 50$ before and some things like CD-ROM drives from the 90's that probably don't work marked 5$ ea. It's just insane for a thrift store like this that touts themselves at a boon to the community to also gouge your eyes out with ridiculous pricing.
Also everytime I ask for some money off something that is marked insanely they seem impervious to reason so I just end up leaving it there and not buying it. 😒

Reply 6486 of 53082, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think the managers influence the prices at each store.
I bet some of them are having them check old software they deem rare on Ebay and Amazon first now before loping on stickers.

Reply 6487 of 53082, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
AlphaWing wrote:

I think the managers influence the prices at each store.
I bet some of them are having them check old software they deem rare on Ebay and Amazon first now before loping on stickers.

It's just amazing to me how they think we will buy whatever they have to sell no matter what the price. It's bad business in every sense and also a prime example of the pompous attitude big business has towards it's customers. 😠

They also seem to forget they got everything FOR FREE. It's not like they have to pay for the goods they are selling, they could at least price them accordingly.

Reply 6488 of 53082, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yea the sad thing is they don't pay their employees anything. And take advantage of some of there disabled employees and actually pay them less then min wage and somehow get away with it.... They really are more of a leach to local area then a help to its community.
Unlike thrift stores like the Salvation army.
I try to go to those when I can but, there are not as many of those outlets as there once were, as they can't seem to compete with Goodwill.

Reply 6489 of 53082, by Lukeno94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And in the UK (or at least in Reading), we don't even get those kind of shops. Some Oxfam shops focus on specific things (clothes obviously, but also books/CDs), and there are plenty of pawn shops (which can produce some great things; I got my very nice Fuji Finepix S1800 camera, which is a semi-SLR camera, for a massive £30; it even had a small SD card in it if I remember correctly, of 2 or 4 GB), but there aren't any large all-the-bric-a-brac-you-can-think-of type things here. Which is a shame. If I want something like that, I pretty much have to rely on eBay.

Reply 6490 of 53082, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's one thrift shop nearby, where every time I walk to the counter with a pile of games and gear it always goes like this:
employee: Uuuuh, how about €5?
me: That would be for ea...
employee: ...for the lot.
me: Uh. okay.

They even have a coupon scheme, you'll get a coin for each purchase >€10 and for three coins you'll get a discount. I only have one coin so far.

Reply 6491 of 53082, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That would be great if they were all like that 🤣 !
We used to have a used electronic store around here that did things kinda like that.
It went out of business long ago, I picked up alot of mobos and other computer parts from it before it did.

Reply 6492 of 53082, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got it free today:

MiZi8w2.jpg?1

The first is Windbond fax/modem card with female RS-232 COM and female parallel
The second is HDD/FDD adapter Windbond PTI-227B with male RS-232 COM and female parallel as well
Special thanks to retro games 100 for the manual in his post:
Super I/O winbond ISA card model PTI-227B, quick test

I will use these for my new 286 build, I didn't plan it, but during my other builds I collect somehow parts from '80 era, so I decided to build old system to play Wolfenstein3D and Montezuma's Revenge, yay

Godlike!

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 6493 of 53082, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Traded the $5 650 watt power supply for a dibs on a few boxes of 5.25 floppies and a stack of unknown condition 5.25 drives and the promise to back up some 5.25 disks.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 6494 of 53082, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Scored these yesterday and today.

What apparenlty is a Pinnacle Miro-30, A nVidia TNT2 m64, some scsi daptor for cd-rom looks to me.

nbaf54.jpg

And a Turtle Beach Pinnacle.

mr9uns.jpg

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 6495 of 53082, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow, a boxed Pinnacle. Is that revision F? Can you upload the driver diskette contents to Vogonsdrivers?

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 6497 of 53082, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Doesn't matter much, it's good to upload any version of original disks to the driver archive 😀

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 6498 of 53082, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Godlike wrote:
I got it free today: […]
Show full quote

I got it free today:

MiZi8w2.jpg?1

The first is Windbond fax/modem card with female RS-232 COM and female parallel
The second is HDD/FDD adapter Windbond PTI-227B with male RS-232 COM and female parallel as well
Special thanks to retro games 100 for the manual in his post:
Super I/O winbond ISA card model PTI-227B, quick test

I will use these for my new 286 build, I didn't plan it, but during my other builds I collect somehow parts from '80 era, so I decided to build old system to play Wolfenstein3D and Montezuma's Revenge, yay

Godlike!

Are you sure about the Winbond card? It looks more like a Hercules/MDA clone to me (and it definitely no look like a fax/modem card).

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 6499 of 53082, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
philscomputerlab wrote:

Doesn't matter much, it's good to upload any version of original disks to the driver archive 😀

Well, if thats the case, I have the same 4.02 floppy disk and the CD that came with it.
I remember the CD wanting some kind of a SERIAL I did not have.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"